Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Conformation
Good Afternoon! About three months a ago while I was working at my job in the pharmacy. I meet a young gentleman and his sister in the drivethru wanting to get a prescription filled. As, I asked his sister for her brother's information something caught my eye. He was sitting on the passenger side of the car with a towel over his head. I asked him why did he have the towel over his head. He pulled the towel from his head and said "I was just in a house fire". My heart started racing with compassion for the young man. He told me that his face, back, and legs where burned. I could tell that he was an attractive young man, and that he was going to need some support from like minded people to get through this crisis. I asked him why did the hospital send him away and he had just got burned. He said they just put some cream on his burns and gave him a prescription for pain. I was shocked that here's a burned victim in the drivethru left to pick up the pieces from his tragedy with no support except from his family. I told him about going to the burn center that, I volunteer at for treatment for his burns so that he would know how to take care of himself and his burns. Also I told him about the support group and was looking forward to seeing him there. I shared with him that I too was a burn survivor and that I would love to keep in touch with him for support. That was my conformation for me to continue on this path for burn victims and survivors. Until next time ...Tiffany.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment